During these unprecedented and challenging times, it’s important that we all take proactive measures to protect our well-being. This is a wonderful time to re-examine our lifestyle and invest our precious time, energy, and money in our mental and physical health wellbeing.
Covid-19 has deeply disturbed our normal emotional and physical health, the sudden shock of Social Distancing and Physical Alienation has led to affect our mental health as well as our physical well-being.
It’s important to examine our lives. Being Self-Aware can help you understand your current challenges in life and how to deal with them intelligently.
Fear, worry, and stress are normal responses to perceived or real threats, and at times when we are faced with uncertainty like now. So it is normal and understandable that we are experiencing fear in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
For instance, 35 per cent of respondents in a nationwide survey in China reported mild-to-severe psychological distress during and after confinement.
Another survey, conducted in Germany during the lockdown, revealed a mean well-being score of 50.7 out of 100, and many reported several distresses:
- 51% reported increased levels of irritation
- 45% reported worsened sleep
- 29% reported experiencing more anger and aggression
There is a clear rise in anxiety and depression among people and suicide rates have skyrocketed, it’s difficult to manage ourselves without external support and we already know that humans are emotionally vulnerable and social wellbeing.
Therefore, so many researchers and Psychotherapist are working hard to make mental wellbeing resources free for everyone, so that even if we can’t visit the professional therapists, we can manage our selves much better.
That’s Why I recommend sharing some of the Leading health and wellness courses that can be beneficial during a stressful condition like now.
1. Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty
This is a free online course on Coursera.org by Pennsylvania University’s Professor Karen Reivich.
She will help you Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life. In this course, you will be exposed to the foundational skills in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism.
Strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude, and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives.
In this Course of four modules you will learn about —
- Resilience and Optimism and assess your own levels of optimism, using a questionnaire and you will be able to apply these concepts to your own life
- Cognitive Approaches to Resilience: Strategies to Increase Optimism and Resilient Thinking, you will learn about thinking traps and how they undercut resilience. You will learn about five common thinking traps and identify which you are prone to, in addition to the effects of those styles of thinking. You will practice Real-Time Resilience, a strategy to challenge non-resilient thinking.
- Managing Anxiety and Increasing Positive Emotions Like Gratitude – you will learn about catastrophic thinking and identify the effects it has on physiology, attention, and contingency planning. You will learn several non-cognitive strategies to decrease anxiety, including Deliberate Breathing.
- Leveraging Character Strengths and Strengthening Relationships -you will identify your own character strengths using a well-validated questionnaire. You will be able describe how to use your character strengths in stressful situations to increase resilience by creating a buffer of positive emotion.
2. Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19
Never in the history of humanity have so many people been feeling intense anxiety related to COVID-19 and the world it will leave in its wake. The intent of this course is to give you a deeper understanding of the anxiety reaction as it relates to various aspects of our current life, ranging from our consumption of news to the way we talk to our children about this. It will also give you clear strategies for managing and, in fact, turning off the anxiety response at least for short periods. I really hope this course will leave you with a better understanding of how your brain reacts to crises, along with some powerful tools for managing it before it manages you.
3. Introduction to Self-Determination Theory
Self-determination theory (SDT) is an empirically based theory of motivation and psychological development that is especially focused on the basic psychological needs that promote high quality motivation and wellness, and how they are supported in social contexts. SDT details how the styles and strategies of motivators such as parents, teachers, coaches, managers, and health-care professionals can promote or undermine engagement and the positive consequences that follow from it.
In this course, Professor Richard Ryan, co-founder of the theory, will provide an overview of SDT with special emphasis on how autonomy, competence, and relatedness supports and facilitates behavioral persistence, quality of relationships, and healthy developmental processes, among other topics. He will also discuss the convergence of behavioral phenomenological and neuropsychological aspects of autonomy within SDT research. In addition, he will illustrate practical applications of SDT, with emphasis on educational, work, sport, healthcare and psychotherapy settings.
4. Biohacking Your Brain’s Health
With deteriorating health, particularly brain health, occurring at a global level, this course introduces you to methods for maximizing your brain’s fitness through nutrition, exercise, meditation, and sleep. This Will debunk popular myths about prescribed practices for overall health and then uncover studies from the last few decades revealing practical routines and interventions that are proven to help improve the brain. You’ll also get a glimpse at the brain’s structure and common brain functions, as well as a “prescription” each week of tips for improving your brain’s health.
5. The Science of Well-Being -Yale University
In this course you will engage in a series of challenges designed to increase your own happiness and build more productive habits. As preparation for these tasks, Professor Laurie Santos reveals misconceptions about happiness, annoying features of the mind that lead us to think the way we do, and the research that can help us change. You will be prepared to successfully incorporate a specific wellness activity into your life.
So these were one of the breakthrough Programs to help you lead a more fulfilling and happy life, all of these courses are developed after thorough scientific research for several decades and these strategy are used by many popular celebrity, CEO, Businessmen etc, and More importantly these are free for everyone and you can easily learn from your smartphone.